Monday, July 20, 2009

The Update....

Well it has been a few days, so I thought I better drop in and give you a quick update....I did go to work on Friday, I struggled through but by the end of the day I was feeling a lot better, but totally spent, my Energy levels were just so low....Not much else to report really, apart from the total amount of Pills that I now take with my meal.....makes me feel old! The Pills are certainly proving tough to get used to. Maybe if they intend for me to lose the excess sugar and cholesterol from my butt then they are certainly doing their job! I know a bit crass, but hey it is the honest truth. I have decided a Daily report is just not viable (now don't groan with disappointment, I told you this would happen!) So I will adjust things to a weekly report, rather that Daily, besides I am sure you have much better things to do with your time. So here it goes.....

Weekly Report - Week One

Exercise - Considering the effects that the pills are having travelling further than 10 minutes from a Men's room is certainly not at all a great idea. I am disappointed with myself though and I really do need to get my butt into gear (well a different one than it is already in) and get out there....It will be the natural next step to include exercise and I know if I "Just Do It" I will enjoy it and keep doing it. It may sound like I am making excuses but I, well....maybe I am :(

Food Intake: Apart form the Pork Sausage I have not deviated form my Diet at all this week, I am actually enjoying the diet and I feel I have lost quite a considerable amount of weight. I have included fish in my Diet and intend to have at least 3 serves a week. Tonight I steamed a fillet of Salmon....MMMMMM Yum and had it with some lightly steamed vegetables. To attempt to lose weight I have also included a rule to not eat after 9pm, If I fell hungry I simply drink water.

Lunch has been great, My Wife has been a great support to me in making sure my Lunch is healthy and within the guidelines of the dietary needs. Once again I have not deviated from the diet at all - Even though we have a magnificent coffee guy who comes in and make the most outstanding Iced Chocolate...regardless of the fact I have resisted temptation and I feel much better for saying no.

Breakfast has mostly been made up of porridge or 1 Cup Dick Smith's Bush Foods Cereal (if you haven't tried this, I highly recommend it - I am not a Cereal eater but this one is particularly good), 1/2 cup of Smarter White Milk and a piece of fruit.

I drink plenty of water during the day as well. Giving up Cordial, soft drink and other sugary, sweet drinks has benefited me greatly and my body is certainly appreciative of it, I don't know how but you can just feel it.

Mood: On the Up!

Weight Loss to Date: I lost a lot of weight last year and pretty much put half of it back on through poor choices and going back to old habits. I think I have lost a fair bit of weight during week one as a lot of the clothes that were tight on me are now back to being comfortable...Long way to go but it is better to be 1 foot away from hell going up than 100 feet from hell going down...right?

A friend of mine did compliment me on Sunday. She told me I no longer look yellow anymore and have some normal colour about me....Thanks for that :) I had no idea I looked Yellow but even my colleagues at work said the something similar.....Great I was yellow! Yet another compliment came from my wife....She said my boobs now are in line with my gut....man do these women know how to give compliments.

I will finish with some good news...My Sugar Level is now 9.9 - Still high but much better than 21.1 I look forward to it coming down to a normal level soon...I am more looking forward to the effects of these pills easing...seriously I reckon they are made by TDK....They are doing some amazing things to my system!

Cya next week

Cheers

3 comments:

  1. Just don't make the mistake of Replacing Sugar soft drinks with the Sugar free. t is marketing crap, they are actually worse for you and have their own side effects, and do not contribute to weight loss at all. In fact they stimulate Hunger pains making you consume more food.

    Also mate i know I sound like an old record here but get the C25K podcast (I put it on your Wifes MP3 Player). Find you comfortable walking pace, and follow the prompts to increase your walking pace, you will burn fat like crazy.

    Remember the Ox is slow, but the universe is patient.

    love ya mate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sariah is sounding so grown up these days!

    Good on you Greg. It's a hard road. You're an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes must remember to log out of My Daughters account when posting.

    Cheers

    Ken

    ReplyDelete